These ten factors will help you select the optimal package for your product.
- Choose the material
Is your product best suited for plastic, glass, or metal?
- Select the shape
Will your customers prefer a round, square, oval or oblong package?
- Determine the optimal size
How many ounces or milliliters do your customers want to purchase at a time?
- Pick the color
Do you want your product to be visible through the package?
- Decide on the best method for dispensing your product
Do you want to pour, spray, or pump?
- Select the appropriate closure
Does your product need to be child resistant or have a tamper-evident feature?
- Choose the closure liner
Does your product need a paper or foam liner? An adhesive or heat seal?
- Determine the packaging method
Do you want your bottles bulk-packed or packed in re-shipper cartons?
- Specify any safe-shipping features
Does your product require a “UN” rated container?
- Consider decorating options
Do you want labels or printing directly on the packaging? How many colors will your artwork have?